Two high-severity vulnerabilities were recently revealed to be present in the user-after-free component. Successful vulnerability exploitation may allow an attacker to compromise the vulnerable system
• Mozilla Firefox: 9.0.1 - 97.0.1
• Firefox ESR: 91.0 - 91.6.0, 78.0 - 78.15.0
• Firefox for Android: 79.0.0 - 97.2.0
• Firefox Focus prior to 97.3
• Thunderbird prior to 91.6.2
To address this vulnerability, the vendor has released security patches. For more information, please refer to our blog.
Use SanerNow platform to apply this high severity patch quickly across the organization as shown below.
SanerNow: Vulnerability detection and patching of Memory Corruption Vulnerability:
1. Login to SanerNow platform
2. Switch to the account/site specific view and Go to 'VM tool'
3. If your Operating System is vulnerable, Saner lists the CVE’s 'CVE-2022-26485' in 'Vulnerabilities' section as shown in the below diagram
4. Search for this vulnerability in the VM tool. If you are affected, apply the patch through PM -> Missing Patches
5. Select 'Groups/Devices' in the 'Asset Source' section and click 'Apply'.
6. Select the 'Mozilla Firefox x64' product from the 'Asset' section as shown in the below diagram.
7. Select 'Apply Selected Patches' at the rightmost corner. This will prompt for 'Creating Patching Task'. Fill in 'Task Name' and 'Remediation Schedule' as per your preference and click on 'Apply Selected Patches' as shown below.
8. Remediation job will be created, which will fix the vulnerability by upgrading the software and making the system immune to Memory Corruption vulnerability.
9. Once remediation is done, the Saner agent automatically scans again and uploads the result to SanerNow as shown below.