Mozilla has released three security advisories recently to patch the multiple vulnerabilities existing in its products, Thunderbird, Firefox and Firefox-ESR. Users are compelled to upgrade to the latest versions immediately in order to keep their systems safe from attackers. These vulnerabilities affect all three platforms- Windows, Linux and Mac for which separate patches have been released by the vendor.
Mozilla Firefox before 83.0
Mozilla Firefox ESR before 78.5
Mozilla Thunderbird before 78.5
To address this vulnerability, the vendor has released security patches. For more information, please refer to our blog
Use the SanerNow platform to apply this critical patch quickly across the organization as shown below.
SanerNow: Vulnerability detection and patching of Mozilla Firefox, ESR and Thunderbird
1. Login to SanerNow platform
2. Switch to the account/site specific view and Go to 'VM tool'
3. If your Application (Firefox or Firefox ESR) is vulnerable, Saner lists the above CVEs in 'Top Vulnerabilities or 'Recently Discovered Vulnerabilities' as shown in the below diagram
4. Search for this vulnerability in the VM tool. If you are affected, apply the patch through PM -> Missing Patches
5. Select 'Groups/Devices' in the 'Asset Source' section and click 'Apply'.
6. Select the product 'Mozilla Firefox' or 'Mozilla Firefox ESR' or 'Thunderbird' from the 'Asset' section as shown in the below image:.
7. Select 'Apply Selected Patches' at the rightmost corner. This will prompt for 'Creating Patching Task'. Fill in 'Task Name' and 'Remediation Schedule' as per your preference and click on 'Apply Selected Patches' as shown below,
8. Remediation job will be created, which will fix the vulnerability by upgrading Mozilla Firefox or Firefox ESR or Thunderbird to the latest patch version.
9. Once remediation is done, the Saner agent automatically scans again and upload the result to SanerNow as shown below,