Mozilla has released two security advisories recently to patch the multiple critical vulnerabilities existing in its products, Firefox and Firefox-ESR. Users are compelled to upgrade to the latest versions immediately in order to keep their systems safe from attackers. These vulnerabilities affect all three platforms- Windows, Linux and Mac for which separate patches have been released by the vendor.
Mozilla Firefox versions before 72.0.1
Mozilla Firefox ESR versions before 68.4.1
To address this vulnerability, the Mozilla has released patch for both, Firefox and Firefox ESR applications. For more information, please refer to our blog:
Use SanerNow platform to apply this critical patch quickly across the organization as shown below.
Vulnerability detection and patching of Mozilla Firefox and Firefox ESR:
- Login to SanerNow platform
- Switch to the account/site specific view and Go to 'VM tool'
- If your Application (Firefox or Firefox ESR) is vulnerable, Saner lists the above CVEs in 'Top Vulnerabilities or 'Recently Discovered Vulnerabilities' as shown in the below diagram:
- Search for this vulnerability in VM tool. If you are affected, apply the patch through PM -> Missing Patches.
- Select 'Groups/Devices' in the 'Asset Source' section and click 'Apply'.
- Select the product 'Mozilla Firefox' or 'Mozilla Firefox ESR' from the 'Asset' section as shown in the below image:
- Select ‘Apply Selected Patches’ at the rightmost corner. This will prompt for ‘Creating Patch Task’. Fill in ‘Task Name’ and ‘Remediation Schedule' as per your preference and click on ‘Apply Selected Patches' as shown below:
- Remediation job will be created, which will fix the vulnerability by upgrading Mozilla Firefox or Firefox ESR to the latest patch version.
- Once remediation is done, the Saner agent automatically scans again and uploads the result to SanerNow as shown below: