The most popularly used browser application, Google chrome has encountered a couple of vulnerabilities recently. These vulnerabilities are patched with the latest chrome release offered by the Chrome Team. The successful exploitation of this vulnerability allows an attacker to execute malicious code by bypassing the security features of the application.
Google Chrome versions before 78.0.3904.87
To address this vulnerability, the vendor has released patch for Google Chrome application. For more information, please refer to our blog:
Saner provides remediation for Windows, Linux and Mac. Use SanerNow platform to apply this high severity patch quickly across the organization as shown below.
Vulnerability detection and patching of Google Chrome:-
- Login to SanerNow platform
- Switch to the account/site specific view and Go to 'VM tool'
- If your Application (Google Chrome) is vulnerable, Saner lists CVEs in 'Top Vulnerabilities' or 'Recently Discovered Vulnerabilities' as shown in the below diagram:
- Search for this vulnerability in VM tool. If you are affected, apply the patch through PM -> Missing Patches.
- Select 'Groups/Devices' in the 'Asset Source' section and click 'Apply'.
- Select the product 'Google Chrome' from the 'Asset' section as shown in the below image:
- Select ‘Apply Selected Patches’ at the rightmost corner. This will prompt for ‘Creating Patch Task’. Fill in ‘Task Name’ and ‘Remediation Schedule' as per your preference and click on ‘Apply Selected Patches' as shown below:
- Remediation job will be created, which will fix the vulnerability by upgrading Google Chrome to the latest patch version.
- Once remediation is done, the Saner agent automatically scans again and uploads the result to SanerNow as shown below: