In its security advisory released on Tuesday, Mozilla has issued security updates to fix multiple vulnerabilities in its Firefox browser on all major platforms. Critical memory safety bugs were brought to light with the release of this advisory, which could be exploited to result in an arbitrary code execution. The vendor has urged people to upgrade the browser to the latest version immediately.
Mozilla Firefox versions before 70.0
Mozilla Firefox ESR versions before 68.2
To address this vulnerability, the Mozilla has released patch for both, Firefox and Firefox ESR applications. For more information, please refer to our blog:
Use SanerNow platform to apply this critical patch quickly across the organization as shown below.
Vulnerability detection and patching of Mozilla Firefox and Firefox ESR:
- Login to SanerNow platform
- Switch to the account/site specific view and Go to 'VM tool'
- If your Application (Firefox or Firefox ESR) is vulnerable, Saner lists the above CVEs in 'Top Vulnerabilities or 'Recently Discovered Vulnerabilities' as shown in the below diagram:
- Search for this vulnerability in VM tool. If you are affected, apply the patch through PM -> Missing Patches.
- Select 'Groups/Devices' in the 'Asset Source' section and click 'Apply'.
- Select the product 'Mozilla Firefox' or 'Mozilla Firefox ESR' from the 'Asset' section as shown in the below image:
- Select ‘Apply Selected Patches’ at the rightmost corner. This will prompt for ‘Creating Patch Task’. Fill in ‘Task Name’ and ‘Remediation Schedule' as per your preference and click on ‘Apply Selected Patches' as shown below
- Remediation job will be created, which will fix the vulnerability by upgrading Mozilla Firefox or Firefox ESR to the latest patch version.
- Once remediation is done, the Saner agent automatically scans again and uploads the result to SanerNow as shown below