If you’re not using the latest version of Google Chrome, chances are that you may end up losing your system to attackers. This commonly used browser which is available on all major platforms was recently found to be vulnerable to multiple Use-after-free flaws.
Google Chrome versions before 77.0.3865.90.
Google has patched these critical security flaws in the latest version of Chrome on all platforms and recommend its users to update to the latest version immediately.
Use SanerNow platform to apply this critical patch quickly across the organization as shown below.
Vulnerability detection and patching of Google Chrome:
- Login to SanerNow platform
- Switch to the account/site specific view and Go to 'VM tool'
- If your Application (Google Chrome) is vulnerable, Saner lists the above mentioned CVE’s in 'Top Vulnerabilities or 'Recently Discovered Vulnerabilities as shown in the below image:
- Search for this vulnerability in VM tool. If you are affected, apply the patch through PM -> Missing Patches.
- Select 'Groups/Devices in the 'Asset Source' section and click 'Apply'.
- Select the product 'Google Chrome' from the 'Asset' section as shown in the below diagram:
- Select ‘Apply Selected Patches’ at the rightmost corner. This will prompt for ‘Creating Patch Task’. Fill in ‘Task Name’ and ‘Remediation Schedule as per your preference and click on ‘Apply Selected Patches as shown below:
- Remediation job will be created, which will fix the vulnerability by upgrading Google Chrome to the latest patch version.
- Once remediation is done, the Saner agent automatically scans again and uploads the result to SanerNow as shown below: