Multiple vulnerabilities were reported in SQLite component used in various Apple products iTunes, iCloud and MacOS Mojave. These vulnerabilities could be exploited to cause privilege escalation, arbitrary code execution and to read restricted memory.
* Apple iTunes before 12.9.5 on Windows
* Apple iCloud before 7.12 on Windows
* MacOS Mojave 10.14.4
To address this vulnerability, the vendor has released patches for Apple iTunes in 12.9.5, Apple iCloud in 7.12 and MacOS Mojave in 10.14.5 . For more information, please refer to our blog:
Use SanerNow platform to apply this critical patch quickly across the organization as shown below.
Vulnerability detection and patching of Apple iTunes and Apple iCloud:
1. Login to SanerNow platform
2. Switch to the account/site specific view and Go to 'VM tool'
3. If your Application (Apple iTunes or iCloud) is vulnerable, Saner lists the CVEs CVE-2019-12280, CVE-2019-8598, CVE-2019-8602 and CVE-2019-8577 in 'Top Vulnerabilities or 'Recently Discovered Vulnerabilities as shown in the below diagram:
4. Search for this vulnerability in VM tool. If you are affected, apply the patch through PM -> Missing Patches
5. Select 'Groups/Devices in the 'Asset Source' section and click 'Apply'.
6. Select the 'Apple iTunes' and 'Apple iCloud' product from the 'Asset' section as shown in the below diagram:
7. Select 'Apply Selected Patches' at the rightmost corner. This will prompt for 'Creating Patching Task'. Fill in 'Task Name' and 'Remediation Schedule' as per your preference and click on 'Apply Selected Patches' as shown below:
8. Remediation job will be created, which will fix the vulnerabilities by upgrading Apple iTunes to 12.9.6 and Apple iCloud to 7.13
9. Once remediation is done, the Saner agent automatically scans again and upload the result to SanerNow as shown below: