Google Chrome before 108.0.5359.94 on Windows, Linux and Mac.
To address this vulnerability, the vendor has released security patches. Use SanerNow platform to apply this high severity patch quickly across the organization as shown below.
SanerNow: Vulnerability detection and patching of Google Chrome:
1. Login to SanerNow platform
2. Switch to the account/site specific view and Go to 'VM tool'
3. If your Google Chrome application is vulnerable, Saner lists the CVE’s CVE-2022-4262 in 'Top Vulnerabilities' or 'Recently Discovered Vulnerabilities' as shown in the below diagram
4. Search for this vulnerability in VM tool. If you are affected, apply the patch through PM -> Missing Patches
5. Select 'Groups/Devices' in the 'Asset Source' section and click 'Apply'.
6. Select the 'Google Chrome' product from the 'Asset' section as shown in the below diagram.
7. Select 'Apply Selected Patches' at the rightmost corner. This will prompt for 'Creating Patching Task'. Fill in 'Task Name' and 'Remediation Schedule' as per your preference and click on 'Apply Selected Patches' as shown below
8. Remediation job will be created, which will fix the vulnerabilities by upgrading the software and making the system immune to Google Chrome vulnerabilities.
9. Once remediation is done, the Saner agent automatically scans again and upload the result to SanerNow as shown below